Once again, the Denver Post has published an article about the national real estate market without any facts about what the Denver market is doing. And I wonder why Denver residents still think it's a buyer's market out there.
Some facts on the Denver market:
- Buyers are out there looking! I've had more showings on my listings than I would normally have for this time of year.
- Buyers are taking advantage of the low interest rates, but buying up the good inventory and refinancing their current home.
- Average home prices in Denver in 2011 are better than 2008 and 2009.
- Unemployment in Denver is 8.5% compared to 9.1% nationally.
- There are other options for buyers than putting 20% down. FHA loans are in the 4% range and those loans require 3.5% down.
Quit trying to sell "papers" and include the facts!!