(source: Denver Post / WSJ Sunday)
"Few things in life are guaranteed. When it comes to money, even fewer.
But these are nervous times. The stock market is swaying like a drunk debutante. The economy is wobbly. Who can trust anything any more? Most people are hard-pressed, nervous and unsure of what to do.
Relax. Here are 10 sure-fire money ideas.
- Max that 401(k)
- Give up the vacation home
- Put $5,000 into an IRA or Roth IRA
- Pay off your credit-card debt
- Fire your banker
- Get your tax refund early
- Buy inflation-protected bonds
- Buy a bread machine
- Play hardball with your insurance company
- Get a freebie from a bank"